[ros-users] Patches for broken packages on diamondback: ompl_planner_base, eband_local_planner

Pablo Iñigo Blasco pabloinigo at atc.us.es
Thu Apr 7 09:22:26 UTC 2011

Great!! I think we should maintain these packages updated.

I think the eband_local_planner it's a very good method (it behaves as a
feedback global planning). Nonetheless I think this method should be a
decorator pattern over the nav_core::local_planner (not a final local
planner itself) since the original paper does not specify any control method
(just online path optimization). It would be great using it in conjuction
with others local planers focused on control and path following like
trajectory_planner or dwa_planner.

Regards.

http://geus.wordpress.com/category/robotics/ <http://geus.wordpress.com/>