[ros-users] Help installing third party stacks/packages

Chris Bersch chris.bersch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 23:38:44 UTC 2011

Hey all,

is there a list of distros/variants  similar to the old rosinstall files in
cturtle (http://www.ros.org/rosinstalls/)? I tried to install the
diamondback PR2 stacks from source and  found that

rosinstall ~/workspace/cturtle_pr2_svn "
http://packages.ros.org/cgi-bin/gen_rosinstall.py?rosdistro=diamondback&variant=pr2-desktop&overlay=no"

did what I wanted. But this was just guesswork as the debian package listed
in the PR2 install instruction is similarly called
ros-diamondback-pr2-desktop. It would be great to have a (documented) list
for these.

Best

-Chris