[ros-users] rosdep.yaml files for debian

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 10:32:57 UTC 2011

2011/4/20 Dominique Martinet <asmadeus at codewreck.org>

> Hi,
>
> I have installed ros recently and I was wondering if there is any reason
> not to provide a package name for debian for the following program
> dependancies:
> ./simulator_gazebo/rosdep.yaml: yaml
> ./ros/rosdep.yaml: intltool
> ./physics_ode/rosdep.yaml: libx11
> ./common/rosdep.yaml: uuid

There is few debian user at the time and maybe no "ROS-devevelopper", that's
why there is some little correction to make. Don't hesitate to send patches,
Debian is of interest.

I've only run into the last one so far while building the required
> packages on the wiki's tutorial about stage and navigation stack:
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/move_base_stage/Tutorials/stage%20and%20navigation%20stack
>
> but I believe putting here the same package as for ubuntu (respectively
> libyaml-dev, intltool, libx11-dev, and uuid-dev) would probably do.

It would be very nice from Ubuntu's users if they could always add a Debian
line copied from Ubuntu as packages often have the same names. It won't
break things for Debian user than not having any dependancy at all.