[ros-users] Reproducing regression tests with run_chroot.py

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed Aug 3 07:33:54 UTC 2011

Hi Florian,

The run_chroot.py script is our production one and we're conservative about
updating it.  However the development script where we experiment
devel_run_chroot.py is next to it.  And that version has an option to set
the repo url.  It's also been changed to no longer default to aptproxy.  You
can set it to a local mirror.

Otherwise It's more or less the same usage with more capabilities being
added for future enhancements.

Or you can just change the hard coded value in run_chroot.py to point to
your local mirror.

Tully

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Weißhardt, Florian <
Florian.Weisshardt at ipa.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> Hi Ken,****
>
> ** **
>
> we are trying to reproduce the hudson regression tests on our local build system. Therefore we use the run_chroot.py script out of the ros_release repository. It works fine so far, but the problem is that it downloads all debian packages from http://aptproxy.willowgarage.com/us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ (which takes a lot of time). Is it possible to specify our own apt-proxy for the run_chroot.py script?****
>
> ** **
>
> Best regards,****
>
> Florian****
>
> ** **
>
> ---
> Dipl.-Ing. Florian Weißhardt****
>
> Fraunhofer IPA, Abt. 324/Robotersysteme
> Nobelstrasse 12, D-70569 Stuttgart (Germany)
> Phone +49(0)711-970-1046,
> Fax +49(0)711-970-1008
> http://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/****
>
> ** **