[ros-users] [Ros-developers] Fwd: rosinstall refactoring

Thibault Kruse kruset at in.tum.de
Wed Aug 10 21:22:55 UTC 2011

Sorry for me being slow on REP 110.

I updated the REP document still on
http://code.in.tum.de/indefero/index.php//p/rosinstall2/source/tree/master/rosinstall-REP.txt

For now I suggest in the REP to use rosws as name. I cut down the
diverse commands init, update, add, remove, ... to just install. Which
makes the REP look a bit silly, as I list 18 use cases most of which now
are served by "manually update your .rosinstall, then run 'rosws install .'"

To reduce the wait time for the features I might, if Tully agrees,
provide status, diff, info as -- options in rosinstall as it is, then
the REP would really just change the syntax, not introduce features.

regards,
   Thibault