[ros-users] rviz is moving to Qt, preview available

Ye Cheng cnhzcy14 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 17:18:39 UTC 2011

Thank you very much Michael! It works! Now I can play with rosgui. I have
tried two plugins which I need very much at the moment: rosgui_plot,
rosgui_pose_view. However with some changes:

I think the qwt in rosdep.yaml should be pyqwt; and I also change

> import  Qwt

> import PyQt4.Qwt5 as Qwt

I installed pyopengl manually by

> sudo pip install pyopengl

and this could be in rosdep.yaml

Then I have  rosgui_plot and rosgui_pose_view functioning well:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DcgROGYLM1gif2_kMXVgatMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7GZWt_cAv-_NVPNaiC4qSdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Since I have just tried them, I'll create a patch for them soon. And also
try to create a plugin for rviz.