[ros-users] Segway RMP 200/400

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 01:19:01 UTC 2011

I am going to be working with the RMP200 ATV in tractor mode for my
research, and I was wondering what people were using to interface with them.
 I know several groups are using the RMP's but seldom can I find their
driver.  I found the one listed on the repositories listing:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/Repositories#segway_rmp.  But this node seems to be
configured to use a CAN2USB converter and my RMP has the FTDI2XX system
built-in, also it seems incomplete and in development, does anyone know the
status of this package?  If not, the player/stage driver seems well written
and mature, and it supports USB, but I wanted to get the state of things
before I dug in to converting it from player to ROS.

Thanks,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University