[ros-users] trajectory error in simulation / controller parameters

Jannik Kett jannik.kett at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 11 18:18:36 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm a student at University of Stuttgart and work at IPA Fraunhofer with the
Care-O-bot.
We have here some problems with the planned trajectory in simulation. The
actual executed trajectory of the robot arm in rviz differs from the planned
one (display_path (motion_planning_msgs/DisplayTrajectory)). We guess that
it comes from the dynamic model and the chosen controller parameters in the
arm_controller_cob3-1.yaml file
(cob_simulation/cob_controller_configuration_gazebo/ros/controller).
So we're looking for ideas, hints and rules how to choose these parameters
or explanations where the trajectory error could come from.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Jannik