[ros-users] trajectory error in simulation / controller parameters

Gil Jones gjones at willowgarage.com
Fri Feb 11 18:36:01 UTC 2011

Hi Jannik,

The path you are seeing is indeed the path that comes from the planner.  But
there's an extra step that move_arm goes through of filtering the trajectory
using a spline_shortcutting method that tries to find ways to make the path
shorter while also assigning reasonable velocities when it can.  This can
change the trajectory quite a bit.  If you want to see the path that
move_arm will actually be sending to be executed you'll need to change the
code a bit.  Overlay arm_navigation.  In whatever version of the code you
are running find the line:

visualizePlan(current_trajectory_);  //move_arm_simple_action.cpp:1361 in
unstable.

Comment this line out, and then copy it an add it after the line:

current_trajectory_ = filtered_trajectory; //move_arm_simple_action.cpp:1422
in unstable
visualizePlan(current_trajectory_); // copied from 1361

The trajectory you see in rviz will now be the actual one getting passed to
the controller.  I expect it will look much more like the executed
trajectory.

Let us know if you have other questions.

-Gil

--
E. Gil Jones (gjones at willowgarage.com)
Research Engineer