[ros-users] Inflation remain in rviz

clarkwu wu.xiaojun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 07:19:38 UTC 2011

Eitan,

Thanks for your reply.

To further explain the problem zhiping and I were facing, here is the
youtube link on what we observed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZe5XrYBaM

In the video, red color refers to scanning data from a tilting laser, while
the blue color denotes the inflation.
At the very beginning, the space in front of the robot is clear; then I
purposely walked into the laser view and left. The video also records the
laser result along this event. After several seconds, the red color
corresponding to human presence disappeared but the blue color for inflation
still remains there.

Understand that "the navigation stack keeps obstacles in its costmap until a
sensor sees through them"; yet here the tilting laser is keep scanning and
supposed be able to see through ... your further advise are greatly welcome

BTW, in yaml file, the observation_persistence this laser source is set to
4.6 second. We have set both marking and clearing of this observation source
to true in costmap_common_params.yaml file.