[ros-users] uvc_camera and stereo_proc

Raphael Favier raphael.favier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 14:34:24 UTC 2011

Hey Abhy,

I am not sure if I get exactly what you mean but if you want to remap a
topic, you can do as follows:

1- in a command line:
rosrun <pckg> <nodetype> initialtopicname_1:=newtopicname_1
initialtopicname_2:=newtopicname_2 ...

2- in a launch file:
<node [your node details here, as usual] >
 <remap from="initialtopicname_1" to="newtopicname_1" />
 <remap from="initialtopicname_2" to="newtopicname_2" />
 ... and so on
</node>

Those techniques are respectively explained
http://www.ros.org/wiki/Remapping%20Arguments here  and
http://www.ros.org/wiki/roslaunch/XML/remap here

In your case, you can either remap topics at uvc_camera or stereo_proc

I hope it helps

Raph