[ros-users] Problems installing ROS on Snow Leopard

Kevin Walchko kevin.walchko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 00:41:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have been using python 2.6 and the py26-wxpython is installed on my machine now. I have also switched over to diamondback beta, which has helped a lot, but there are still issues for OSX.

I have:

  py26-wxpython @2.8.10.1_0+gtk (active)
  wxWidgets-devel @2.9.1_1 (active)
  wxWidgets-python @2.8.10.1_2+gtk (active)

That said, I don't have much of the graphical stuff working. About the only thing that works for me is image_view and I believe that is because it uses the opencv gui stuff and not wxwidgets.

I am currently trying to figure out how to get the Kinect sw working, but there are more issues for OSX with that.