[ros-users] PS3joy six axis with bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Thu Feb 10 19:11:40 UTC 2011

At least one person has reported success just trying to use their
bluetooth keyboard with ps3joy. My interpretation is that the keyboard
must have been in HID proxy mode, which would get intercepted by the
dongle, and forwarded as a USB connection. If you can get your
keyboard and mouse into HID proxy mode, you should be fine. I have no
idea how to do that, though.

Getting the existing ps3joy.py to coexist with real bluetooth HID
devices is really not an easy option, unfortunately. (I can elaborate
if you want to attack the problem, but it is pretty non-trivial.)