[ros-users] [Orocos-Dev] problems running recent KDL versions with ROS

Marcus Liebhardt stuff at murcsack.de
Fri Feb 11 09:26:57 UTC 2011

Hi Wim!

We tried that already, but ran into problems exactly with the API
compatibility. For example, the interface of one solver changed in the way,
that it now returns a double instead of an int.
So, we expect similar problems in other parts of the ROS code.
But the suggestion of Ruben seems promising, especially because that package
has a different name. So, hopefully my code gets forced to take the new
stuff in orocos_kdl, instead of using old things from the kdl package.
We will try that out and will report about the results.

Thanks for your help!

:-) Marcus