[ros-users] failling to compile mapping/pointcloud_registration (Eigen issue?)

Radu Bogdan Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Fri Feb 11 16:23:58 UTC 2011

Raphael,

On 02/11/2011 07:04 AM, Raphael Favier wrote:
> a few days ago, I compiled  http://www.ros.org/wiki/mapping mapping  without
> any problem.
> Today, I re-installed it and tried to get it to compile again and failed.
>
> a fresh checkout gives the following error at compilation:
> pointcloud_registration/include/pointcloud_registration/pointcloud_registration_point_types.h:33:
> fatal error: Eigen/Core: No such file or directory

> It is like if one of the packages included by pointcloud_registration
> sneakily includes eigen3.

Yup - that is most likely the issue. Please notice that the point_cloud_perception_experimental stack is always a bit
behind perception_pcl, so issues like this could arise. In theory, that's where we dump experimental code before it
reaches stability and can be integrated into PCL.

If you found the package that includes eigen3, we could start fixing its code. Just let us know which one it is.

Cheers,
Radu.
--
http://pointclouds.org