[ros-users] Camera input to EKF

abhy abhy.12354 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 04:35:18 UTC 2011

Yes, i can surely create a node and then read ar_pose and fill cov. matrix as
given in the patch to publish it.
My setup is running static map and AMCL for localization. I have odometry
sensor and Laser range finder. I want to make position estimate more
accurate using vision based sensors. I have activated ar_pose_estimate and
can use ar_pose publish topics.
I want to fuse camera pose with odometry pose using EKF. Is there any
specific guidelines i should follow to use both the sensors through EKF
package and give output which can be used by AMCL further?

-Abhy