[ros-users] Converting PointCloud to LaserScan

Felix Endres endres at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Feb 17 17:50:42 UTC 2011

LaserScan assumes that all points are in a plane, namely the XY plane of
the sensor coordinate system. The coordinates x,y,z can be computed from
the sensor pose (position and orientation, which are defined by the tf
frame stored in the header), the angle_min, the angle_increment, the
range from ranges[] and its position in ranges[]. You would have to
invert this computation.