[ros-users] roscd pointing to wrong folder

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Tue Feb 22 05:14:00 UTC 2011

Hi Sebastian,

Please ask this over on answers.ros.org  When you do so if you could point
to the specific tutorial you followed and can provide exact error messages
that you are currently getting we can help you get your tree back to a
working state.

Currently OpenNI requires versions of geometry and pcl which are newer than
cturtle.  Hopefully we will be able to backport openni to cturtle however
with diamondback almost out this has not been a priority.

Tully

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Aslund <sebastian.aslund at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone
>
> Earlier today I tried to install the OpenNI driver according to the
> tutorial on the ROS homepage, but the result turned my ROS installation into
> a total mess. The driver was unable to install due to some part of openCV
> missing, but I was unable to install them since roscd suddenly pointed to
> the ros/unstable folder instead of ros/cturtle.
> I tried to remove ROS and install it again in hope that would help, but
> seems the path is defined in some bash file, but I have no clue where or how
> to change it back so my ROS works again.
> Furthermore, then during the installation of the new ROS I got a few
> messages like this one "sh: getcwd() failed: No such file or directory", is
> it also caused by his failure in roscd or some other problem, never
> experienced this message during the installation of ROS through the
> repository.
> Last but not least, it is not possible to install the OpenNI driver without
> involving creating the unstable folder? Since it seems that it creates more
> harm than good.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Sebastian Aslund

Tully Foote