[ros-users] Error with *.stl format when using planning_environment and arm_navigation in unstable ROS version

John Hsu johnhsu at willowgarage.com
Sat Jan 29 01:37:10 UTC 2011

It does look like the first few characters of arm0.stl starts with "solid
First_firstpiece", I guess somehow assimp is confused into thinking the mesh
is an ascii stl instead of correctly seeing it as a binary stl?  Running it
through ivcon removes those characters too, but ultimately, I think this
deserves a ticket under robot_model:

https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/ticket/4740

thanks,
John