[ros-users] gmapping and navigation stack

airthimble joseph.st.amand at mines.sdsmt.edu
Sat Jan 29 04:02:49 UTC 2011

After working on it for quite a while this afternoon I believe that all my
problems stem from the robot not being on the map. I think that this may be
because I am having trouble with the initial localization.

In the navigation package tutorial a static map is used, amcl is given the
task of localization. Since I am using gmapping I cannot use amcl, I set a
node to publish an initial pose and it did not seem to make a difference in
the initial localization.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to look to fix this it would be
greatly appreciated.