[ros-users] ROS Introduction / Tutorial Slides

Jonathan Bohren jonathan.bohren at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 20:38:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Ken Conley <kwc at willowgarage.com> wrote:

> I like the Alot slides a lot.

So did Allie!

>  We don't have a repository for hosting presentations.  In the past,
> similar sorts of resources have gone into the Courses page:
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/Courses

Yeah, I can put them up there. Lorenz Mösenlechner has already made a
presentation derived from my slides, and he added a bunch of stuff that
people will find useful too.

> In theory, this would go well in the ROS "Overview", as would those
> great ROS tutorial videos at
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/roblab-whge-ros-pkg .

Wow! I didn't even know those existed.

>  Perhaps its time to
> organize a community project to reorganize the introductory materials?
>  (I suggest this as I am about to go on vacation for a week)

Yeah, I think it's getting to the point where we should really collect these
things in one place. It would be pretty easy to spawn a google code project,
but should we do that or should it be hosted on ros.org?

-j