[ros-users] robot_pose_ekf: publish_tf parameter

Wim Meeussen meeussen at willowgarage.com
Wed Jun 8 18:29:27 UTC 2011

Ivan,

> I noticed that the launch file of the robot_pose_ekf package includes
> the following line:
>  <param name="publish_tf" value="true"/>
> However, I looked through the robot_pose_ekf code, and could not find
> anywhere where that is actually handled.

Interestingly this parameter made it into the launch files, but is not
used anywhere in the code. ;-)

> Is it possible to include
> support in robot_pose_ekf to disable the tf publishing?

You can file a feature request for the navigation stack on our trac
<https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/newticket>.  Could you also
elaborate on your specific usecase on the ticket? It's very useful for
us to learn how people are using our software, and understand the
motivation behind new feature requests. This also helps developers
prioritize user requests.

Wim

Wim Meeussen
Willow Garage Inc.