[ros-users] cv_bridge broken/errours in diamondback

Aslund sebastian.aslund at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 22:38:03 UTC 2011

Hey everyone

I do not know where to post this, so I am doing it here.
I have been working on cv_bridge under c++ using the guide for diamondback
from the tutorial
here<http://www.ros.org/wiki/cv_bridge/Tutorials/UsingCvBridgeToConvertBetweenROSImagesAndOpenCVImages>,
but got some strange results in reading the converted rgb image described in
answers.ros.org<http://answers.ros.org/question/258/converting-kinect-rgb-image-to-opencv-gives-wrong>.
Someone posted a python code for reading the kinect rgb image, convert it to
opencv and display it, which, after some work learned to use python, turned
out to work. To verify this, then I returned to the tutorial, but instead of
using the one for diamondback, then I followed the one for cturtle, which
turned out to also work. This makes me conclude that the new changes to
cv_bridge under diamondback is broken although the error seems easy to fix,
but have no idea how.

Regards

Sebastian