[ros-users] Navigation Stack

jabyers at clemson.edu jabyers at clemson.edu
Mon Mar 28 20:29:08 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a working version of a launch file for a
navigation stack, using a SICK LMS rangefinder for the sensor and their
odometer and transform nodes, that they could let me look at to get a
better understanding of how the navigation stack fits together. I've been
doing the tutorial RobotSetup for the navigation stack, and after
completing the transform configuration portion and using
<launch>
  <node pkg="sicktoolbox_wrapper" type="sicklms" name="sicklms"
output="screen">
for the sick lms rangefinder I seem to be hung up. I don't quite
understand where to put the odometry code, now how to reference the
transform configurations or odometry  file for the node requirements
during the launch file.
Also, I'm using a Pioneer AT3 so I didn't know if there was an odometry
package for this robot or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jason