[ros-users] ROS for Windows via the mingw cross compiler

Morgan Cormier MCormier at coroware.com
Thu Mar 10 22:16:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am interested in doing a Qt interface with ROS and found this tutorial which does exactly what I want :
http://www.ros.org/wiki/mingw_cross/Tutorials/cross_platform_qt_ros

I experience some problems during the installation. When i compile mingw_cross (roscd mingw_cross;make) the compilation stop after downloading libpng, it says that the checksum is wrong.

I installed it using : http://mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org/  and could finally do all the steps in the tutorial.
Another problem occured at this point, I couldn't compile because of this error :

/opt/mingw/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libboost_signals-mt.a: member /opt/mingw/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libboost_signals-mt.a(trackable.o) in archive is not an object

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Thank you,

Morgan Cormier
Coroware Technologies