[ros-users] Is scan_tools maintained ?

Ivan Dryanovski ivan.dryanovski at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:28:11 UTC 2011

Hi Willy

I replied at answers.ros.org, but here's some extra info.

The scan_tools stack is being maintained, although we are stretched a
little thin in terms of manpower. If you find anything that's broken,
or documentation that's out of date, let me know, and I'll fix it.
Last time I checked (around cturtle) both canonical and polar were
working.

> BTW I am quite impressed of the precision out of the box of the
> canonical_scan_matcher.

The props for that should go Andrea Censi, whom I had the pleasure of
meeting at ICRA a couple of days ago.

Ivan

PS looks like you just posted some track tickets. I'll take a look.