[ros-users] Using the household_object_database with Diamondback

Matei Ciocarlie matei at willowgarage.com
Tue May 31 18:24:38 UTC 2011

Hi Nikolas,

Let's see if we can figure out what's going on. Can you please ask
this on answers.ros.org, and append information about your exact
installation, what stacks you have from what source, and what command
you are executing? We'll answer it there where it will be easier to
find in the future.

Thanks,
Matei

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Nikolas Engelhard
<nikolas.engelhard at saturn.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> Hello Matei
>
> Thanks for your help! I installed the Server and used the diamondback-
> backup-file to populate
> a database. The objects_database_node starts up cleanly, only giving a
> Summary of parameters,
> but I have the same behaviour on the test commands. I can list the
> models in the database, but am
> unable to get the list of grasps.
>
> Do you have another idea, what could be wrong?
>
> Nikolas
>

>>  17. Re: Using the household_object_database at WG (Matei Ciocarlie)
>
>> Message: 17
>> Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 10:37:58 -0700
>> From: Matei Ciocarlie <matei at willowgarage.com>
>> Subject: Re: [ros-users] Using the household_object_database at WG
>> To: User discussions <ros-users at code.ros.org>
>>
>> Hi Nikolas,
>>
>> The version of the database available from the remote server
>> unfortunately only works with cturtle right now - there have been some
>> minor API changes for diamondback, which is why grasp planning
>> requests do not work. In the next few weeks we will be releasing the
>> diamondback version as well.
>>
>> In the meantime, what you can do is download the diamondback version
>> of the database and install it on your own Postgres server; details
>> are here:
>>
>> http://www.ros.org/wiki/household_objects_database
>>
>> Best,
>> Matei