[ros-users] pr2_computer_monitor using Linux lm_sensors

Michael Carroll carroll.michael at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 19:53:00 UTC 2011

Hey,

Since not all of us can afford computers with IPMI, a while back there was
some interest in using Linux's lm_sensors as the source of diagnostics for
the computer_monitor node (currently in the pr2 stacks).

I have put together a parser for using lm_sensors data in the
pr2_computer_monitor package, as well as updating the nvidia-smi parser to
use the new XML format.

Code is available in my personal stack, pending deciding what to do with it:

https://github.com/mjcarroll/mcarroll-ros-pkg/tree/master/computer_monitor

Attached is an example of the sensors node running on my local machine and
outputting to /diagnostics.

~mc

--
Michael Carroll