[ros-users] iRobot - Roomba vs Create

Máté Wolfram mate.wolfram at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 17:33:59 UTC 2011

Hi!

We just recently purchased a Roomba 555 + Turtlebot equipment and have
been asking ourselves why the odometry is so disappointing. A quick
measurement resulted in an error of +2 meters on a 2 meter run (!).
Obviously, this renders the robot unable to create usable maps.

Goncalo, you stated in your initial post that you encountered a
similar problem with a couple of Roombas. Did you manage to solve it?
Is it likely to be a production failure?

kind regards,
Máté