[ros-users] opencv installation problem on ubuntu 10.04

Moataz Elmasry zaza1851983ml at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 25 10:16:06 UTC 2011

Hello

I use ubutnu 10.04 LTS and ros unstable from the ubuntu repo

While upgrading to the latest opencv, I had the error that some ros
packages are incompatible with the new version, especially ros opencv.

So I removed the conflicting packages, then libopencv could be installed
But then unstable ros opencv cannot be installed anymore: I get the
following error
ros-unstable-vision-opencv:
   Depends: libopencv2.3-dev (=2.3.1+svn6514+branch23-1~lucid) but
2.3.1+svn6514+branch23-9~lucid is to be installed

On the other hand I could successfully install electric ros with opencv
Could someone please the dependency of ros unstable opencv to the new
libopencv in ubuntu? thnx

Regards, Moataz