[ros-users] rosbridge problem: (UnboundLocalError: local variable 'outgoing')

Chris Crick chriscrick at cs.brown.edu
Wed Nov 2 19:35:40 UTC 2011

This issue has been fixed in the SVN code.  It is indicative of there being
an error of the type Trevor mentions, but that error was being overshadowed
by a bug in the Rosbridge code.  The error message should be more
informative now.

Chris

Usually when the problem occurs on one machine but not a another the issues
is:
a) lack of the proper MSG definitions
or
b) routing issues (inability to connect back and forth by name or *same* IP)
You might also try using the svn version of rosbridge:
svn checkout
https://brown-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/experimental/rosbridge
rosbridge
Let me know how things go. If need be I might can provide more
specific help off-list.
_Trevor
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 2:12 AM, Manabu Saito <saito at jsk.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I'm trying to use rosbridge and wviz.
> After installed and compiled brown_remotelab stack and rosjs,
> rosbridge.py node returns error.
>
> On my another destop PC, this problem does not occur.
> Does anyone know about this problem?
>
> --- console output
>
> saito at pr1012:~$ rosrun rosbridge rosbridge.py
> Problem Problem Problem Problem Problem Problem Problem Problem Problem
Problem
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> ?File "/u/saito/ros/electric/brown_remotelab/rosbridge/bin/rosbridge.py",
> line 270, in <module>
> ? ?serveForever(handleFrameFactory(handleMsgFactory, sub, keyurl,
> ros), handleOutput, loop, host, port)
> ?File
"/pr/1/saito/ros/electric/brown_remotelab/rosbridge/bin/terribleWSS/ws.py",