[ros-users] libopencv

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Thu Nov 10 14:07:06 UTC 2011

A Dijous 10 Novembre 2011, William Woodall va escriure:
> I guess I don't under stand what you mean by source then.  The deb package
> is hosted on packages.ros.org and if you followed the installation
> instructions for ROS you can install it using apt-get or synaptic.  There
> is no ROS package if that is what you mean, libopencv... is just the
> library.  There are many tools for using opencv with ROS in the
> visions_opencv stack: http://www.ros.org/wiki/vision_opencv

Ok, probably I have not been clear. I'm looking for the sources of the
debian/ubuntu package (directory debian with the rules, control, etc) not the
sources of libopencv.

And why am I asking this? Simple because I'm a Debian user/system and I
wouldn't want to use ubuntu. Normally, if there's a package that I need, I
rebuild the package to install it in my boxes. Some time ago I asked for the
ros packages sources, but I admit that I was not be able to rebuild it in a
debian system. They are built in a different way that the traditional.

I have found the sources for the libopencv in ppa, but the package hosted
there is different that the one hosted in ros.org and I would like to rebuild
the one that is in ros.org, that is why I was asking.

> The mailing list is for announcements and special discussions.
> answers.ros.org is preferred for getting help or asking general questions.
>  It is all explained here: http://www.ros.org/wiki/Support

Well, as I have say before, there are poor men/women in this world that likes
the mail list .... :-)

Linux User 152692
Catalonia