[ros-users] libopencv

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Thu Nov 10 18:12:34 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Jochen Sprickerhof
<ros-users at jochen.sprickerhof.de> wrote:
> * Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo at alaxarxa.net> [2011-11-10 15:07]:
>> A Dijous 10 Novembre 2011, William Woodall va escriure:
>> > The mailing list is for announcements and special discussions.
>> > answers.ros.org is preferred for getting help or asking general questions.
>> >  It is all explained here: http://www.ros.org/wiki/Support
>>
>> Well, as I have say before, there are poor men/women in this world that likes
>> the mail list .... :-)
>
> ..and don't like checking websites all the time.

hi Leo, Jochen,

We moved troubleshooting and "how do I..." questions to ROS Answers
for all the reasons that make Stack Overflow such a great resource:
tagging, up/down-voting, in-place commenting, karma system to reward
contributions (strange as it is, this has a real effect), and better
visibility of *answers* to questions.  While ROS Answers is not the
preferred the mechanism for everybody, I'm pretty sure that the
consensus is that it's preferred over using the mailing list.  If
that's not true, then we should reevaluate.

As for having to poll the website, you can subscribe to ROS Answers:
go to your profile page and hit the "Subscriptions" link.  It's
reasonably configurable, including frequency of notification and
tag-filtering.  But it's not perfect, which is one reason that we're
now working with the ASKBOT developers to make improvements.  If you
have suggestions, whether fixes or enhancements, please give feedback
(http://answers.ros.org/feedback/) !

	brian.