[ros-users] libopencv

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Fri Nov 11 12:49:02 UTC 2011

A Divendres 11 Novembre 2011, Jochen Sprickerhof va escriure:
> * Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo at alaxarxa.net> [2011-11-11 11:26]:
> > A Dijous 10 Novembre 2011, Jochen Sprickerhof va escriure:
> > > * Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo at alaxarxa.net> [2011-11-10 18:03]:
> > > [..]
> > for
> > like to
> > in a
> > permissions
> > >
> > > what's your problem here? Apart from ps3joy.py (which could run as a
> > > service) and sixpair I haven't found a problem till now.
> >
> > well my problem is basically that I don't have packages for a debian
> > distribution. So, if you have a group of boxes and a group of users that
use
> > ros, you have to take care how to install ros in the different boxes.
>
> I haven't tried for Debian stable but as I mentioned, for testing and
> unstable the debs are working fine.

I'm sure that you will have some dependency problem is some moment. Otherwise,
you are using Ubuntu as a Debian testing/Unstable distro.

> > If the boxes are similar (amd64 or i386) you can make one installation and
> > then rsync between boxes or share the directory (nfs, samba, etc).
>
> I'm installing Debian (or Ubuntu) as normal, add ROS to the sources,
> install it and you are done.
>
> > Another problem is that the default umask in a debian distro is 0022 or
0002,
> > so you have to take care that all the users have the umask adecuately in
the
> > way that if they compile a package, all the users group could erase or
> > recompile that package.
>
> Why would you allow users to erase or recompile packages?

well, not always you have installed ALL the stacks, etc.

> The concept
> is, that you have one system installation and users create overlays with
> what they need in addition.

yes, I agree. Maybe I have to rethink my installation.

Thanks for the info.

Best regards,

Leo

Linux User 152692