[ros-users] patch + packages for ccny_vision on natty

Bill Morris bill at iheartengineering.com
Sun Oct 9 20:38:34 UTC 2011

I am not sure this is the ideal solution.

First a patch should probably be pushed upstream if possible. I emailed
Philip Lamb at ARToolworks to see if they are accepting patches for the
GPL version.

Second, I would prefer not modifying the tarball directly as it is
supposed to be a snapshot of the ARToolkit SVN. I think the preferred
route is to use patch and replace the patch_v4l kludge.

It is probably clearer what something like the patch system for the
canonical scan matcher is doing.
ccny-ros-pkg/scan_tools/csm/Makefile
----
patch:
ifneq (,$(wildcard $(BUILD_DIR)/.patched))
        @echo Patching CSM
        cd $(SOURCE_DIR) && patch -p0 < ../../patch_a
        cd $(SOURCE_DIR) && patch -p0 < ../../patch_b
        cd $(SOURCE_DIR) && patch -p0 < ../../patch_c
        touch $(BUILD_DIR)/.patched
else
        @echo CSM previously patched, use 'make wipe' to completely
remove build directory.
endif

wipe: clean
        rm -rf $(BUILD_DIR)
----

Is there a REP for third party packages?

--
Bill Morris <bill at iheartengineering.com>
I Heart Engineering