[ros-users] ROS Android apps via Market.

Chad Rockey chadrockey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 18:04:38 UTC 2011

It should also be noted that the Nook Color can be overclocked to perform
well (up to 1.3GHz+), but this is typically done with Cyanogen Mod and a
custom kernel.  The original stock firmware ran around 800MHz, but I think
they've recently bumped that up to 900MHz.  If overclocked to 1.3GHz, it's
powerful enough to run Netflix, so I suspect it may work for teleop.

Honeycomb ports for the Nook Color should be avoided since these are not
based on open source Android.  These images are likely modified from Tegra
devices and are unstable, often unsupported, and mostly proof of concepts.

The Nook Color XDA forums are the best resource for running Cyanogen, which
is based on Gingerbread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=860
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices/nook-color