[ros-users] Installing ROS on Ubuntu 11.10

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Oct 19 01:51:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Eric Perko <wisesage5001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tully,
>
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Tully Foote <tfoote at willowgarage.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Lynn,
>>
>> This is caused by the fact that we're still deploying oneiric support and
>> the rosdep rules for oneiric have not been released for boost.  The error
>> message is actually incorrect.  We just patched it to correctly error
>> https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/3712
>>
>> We're actively working on producing Oneiric debian packages and in the
>> process patching code as required.  You can see a proxy for our progress in
>> the debbuild status page http://www.ros.org/debbuild/electric.html
>
> Is there someplace that the actual reason a .deb failed to build is
> available? For example, if I wanted to see why laser-drivers on oneiric
> failed to build, is there output from Hudson someplace or is the only way to
> figure out why it is broken to download things from source and build?

There are two options:

 1. Go through the build logs from the debbuild process and find the
failure.  These logs are pretty log and generally involve *all*
packages, but it saves you having to wait for another build:

http://build.willowgarage.com/job/debbuild-build-debs-electric-oneiric-amd64/

 2. Trigger a pre-release for the stack and wait for the results.
This will run across all OSes, but should turn up the Oneiric issues.

cheers,
Ken