[ros-users] Transport statistics?

Lorenzo Riano lorenzo.riano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 18:08:32 UTC 2011

Maybe this is slightly off topic, but it might be very useful to know the
bandwidth usage of a single node, or even better if this bandwidth is split
among topics/services (advanced feature?). This could be done e.g. by
inserting a proxy node between the sender and the receiver, but other ways
are possible.

Lorenzo

On 26 October 2011 18:56, Armstrong-Crews, Nicholas - 0447 - MITLL <
nickarmstrongcrews at ll.mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi Cem,
>
> We're working on network health monitoring for inclusion in the next
> release (Fuerte). ("we" being the ROS SIGs for IPC and multirobot)
>
> It would be helpful to know more about your use case: what transport
> statistics you think would be useful, and what nodes would modify behavior
> as a result.
>
> Thanks!
> -Nick

Lorenzo Riano, PhD