[ros-users] Sensor info through serial communication

Mano info.equibo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 19:54:59 UTC 2011

I wondered if there is a stack or node that can read sensor info from a microcontroller or a (polulu) servocontroller, and convert it to usable variables for ros?

For example: i need to connect my compass sensor to ros. Also a twmperature sensor and a few ultrasonic rangefinders. I can connect them to my microcontroller. And then through serial to ros. But i'd rather use a usb servo/sensor controller that does not need extra programming and can be configured from ros.

Any ideas?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone