[ros-users] Geforce 580 compatible with Gazebo?

Ian Lenz ianlenz at cs.cornell.edu
Fri Sep 9 19:22:22 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Our lab is planning on building a beefy machine for GPU computing, and we wanted to make sure that we got a GPU which was compatible with Gazebo. Our current plan is to have two Geforce 580s in SLI. Can someone confirm that this will in fact work with Gazebo? It seems as though it'll work with Ogre, but I'm just trying to make sure there's not some extra hidden caveat before we sink $1k into these GPUs.

Thanks,
Ian Lenz