[ros-users] Converting Laser Scan to Point Cloud

Tyler Stigliano tstigliano at knights.ucf.edu
Tue Sep 20 17:14:00 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have been reading over the tutorials for the laser_pipeline node and I am able to project the laser scan data provided by the ROS website in Rviz. My main goal is to convert this laser scan into a point cloud map but I'm not sure what I need to do next to create a point cloud map. I know the laser_geometry package is what I need to use, but how do I access the two functions to convert a laser scan into point cloud?

Thank you for your time,

Tyler.