[ros-users] ROS Fuerte Beta 1 Now Available

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Apr 4 16:45:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Traveler <traveler.hauptman at iit.it> wrote:
> I can make a ros specific PCL package (there is no 'official' pcl package).
> What do I need to do to get rosdep rospackage to recognize that it's
> installed?

This is the tree we use:

https://github.com/wg-debs/pcl

To get rosdep to recognize it, simply follow the rosdep 2 guide for
contributing rules:

http://ros.org/doc/api/rosdep2/html/contributing_rules.html

I don't know how repositories are organized in Arch, but obviously the
rule will need to be able to find your specific packaging.

 - Ken

> On 04/04/2012 06:36 PM, Ken Conley wrote:
>>
>> ROS uses a modified version of PCL.  As you are on Arch, there
>> currently is no packaging for this alternate version of PCL.  Most
>> system dependencies are equivalent, but PCL shares message data
>> structures and thus requires alternate build flags to be compatible
>> with ROS.
>>
>> The trees that we use to build various system dependencies within our
>> installation prefix can be found here:
>>
>> https://github.com/wg-debs
>>
>> I don't know of the correct way to deal with this on Arch.
>>
>>  - Ken
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Traveler Hauptman
>> <traveler.hauptman at iit.it>  wrote:
>>>
>>> BTW This dependency error from rospack is contrary to rosdep which finds
>>> pcl.
>>>

>>> On 4/04/2012 3:42 p.m., Traveler wrote:
>>>
>>> 4. rosmake appears to happily build the things that don't depend on pcl.
>>> I get a compiler error for pcl_ros and for a bunch of things I get a
>>> dependency error like:
>>>
>>> [rosbuild] Building package depth_image_proc
>>>    Failed to invoke /opt/ros/fuerte/bin/rospack deps-manifests
>>> depth_image_proc
>>>    [rospack] Error: package/stack depth_image_proc depends on
>>> non-existent package pcl
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> ISTITUTO ITALIANO DI TECNOLOGIA
>>>
>>> Traveler Hauptman
>>> Computer Imaging
>>> traveler.hauptman at iit.it
>>>
>>> Via Morego, 30 16163 Genova
>>> t: +39 010 71781929
>>>
>>> Legal Disclaimer
>>> This electronic message contains information that is confidential. The
>>> information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not
>>> the addressee we would appreciate your notification in this respect.
>>> Please
>>> note that any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of
>>> this
>>> message is prohibited and may be unlawful. We have taken every reasonable
>>> precaution to ensure that any kind of attachment to this e-mail has been
>>> swept for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage
>>> sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise you to carry
>>> out
>>> your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Avvertenza legale
>>> Questo messaggio Email contiene informazioni confidenziali riservate ai
>>> soli
>>> destinatari. Qualora veniate in possesso di tali informazioni senza