[ros-users] ROS Fuerte Beta 2 Released

Kevin Walchko kevin.walchko at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 13:07:19 UTC 2012

William,

In step 1.1.3
export PYTHONPATH="/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages:/usr/local/lib/python:$PYTHONPATH"
I don't have /usr/local/lib/python … is that just on your system?

In step 1.2.2

I had to do "brew install ros/fuerte/swig-wx --use-clang" to get it to compile

Got all the way through the instructions … but having problems compiling things that need YAML. I did:
brew install ros/fuerte/libyaml
sudo pip install --upgrade PyYAML
but when I do "rosmake image_common" I get:
… no problems ...
[rosmake-1] Finished <<< common_rosdeps [PASS] [ 0.20 seconds ]
[rosmake-1] Starting >>> camera_calibration_parsers [ make ]
[ rosmake ] Last 40 linesuginlib: 3.6 sec ] [ came... [ 2 Active 8/15 Complete ]
{-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  /Users/kevin/tmp/ros/image_common/camera_calibration_parsers/src/parse_yml.cpp:87: error: ‘YAML’ has not been declared
  /Users/kevin/tmp/ros/image_common/camera_calibration_parsers/src/parse_yml.cpp:87: error: ‘YAML’ has not been declared
  /Users/kevin/tmp/ros/image_common/camera_calibration_parsers/src/parse_yml.cpp:89: error: ‘YAML’ has not been declared

… bunch more of similar errors …

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------}
[ rosmake ] Output from build of package camera_calibration_parsers written to:
[ rosmake ]    /Users/kevin/.ros/rosmake/rosmake_output-20120413-065011/camera_calibration_parsers/build_output.log
[rosmake-1] Finished <<< camera_calibration_parsers [FAIL] [ 3.48 seconds ]
[ rosmake ] Halting due to failure in package camera_calibration_parsers.
[ rosmake ] Waiting for other threads to complete.
[rosmake-0] Finished <<< pluginlib [PASS] [ 3.96 seconds ]
[ rosmake ] Results:
[ rosmake ] Built 10 packages with 1 failures.
[ rosmake ] Summary output to directory
[ rosmake ] /Users/kevin/.ros/rosmake/rosmake_output-20120413-065011

Any ideas??