[ros-users] RFC: rviz on Android

Michael Carroll carroll.michael at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 02:06:09 UTC 2012

I would certainly be interested in helping out.  I did a somewhat-iOS
capable ROS bridge based on a 3rd party app for the iPhone and iPad, but I
don't know that it's really a suitable long term solution.

I, too, was considering something along the lines of rosbridge for a more
fully-featured cross platform "app" (which could support any web enabled
device).

I think that if a "mobile ROS" is done, it should be with the goal to be as
cross platform as possible.  I understand this becomes cumbersome when it
comes to Rviz, but for most of the other interesting day-to-day
information, widgets and text should cover it.

~mc

Michael Carroll
Graduate Student, Auburn University