[ros-users] Fuerte install notes - turtlebot

Bill Phillips n6rqy at att.net
Wed Aug 1 04:23:06 UTC 2012

Attached are some rough notes I made about a clean install of Fuerte on a
Turtlebot and a developer workstation. I am using a turtlebot with the Lenovo
x130e laptop so this is specific to that setup.

I apologize in advance for not attributing the information correctly, as most of
it was pulled from ROS.org or it's peers (answers.ros.org, etc.) during my
installation and testing. This is still in rough draft form but I wanted to get
it out there to see if it was helpful or not. I intend a more complete draft
with proper attribution in the near future.

I can say from my little experience with ROS and the turtlebot that fuerte is
easier to set up and rviz is leaps and bounds above what it was in electric.
Well, at least for me. :)

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this.

Bill