[ros-users] Move ROS answers to StackExchange?

Marcus Liebhardt marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
Thu Aug 16 01:38:31 UTC 2012

Hi there!

The recent notification about a robotics Q&A site on StackExchange made me
remember an old question on ROS answers:
http://answers.ros.org/question/12386/is-ros-answer-able-to-join-stackexchange/

It raises the question about the possibility of moving ROS Answers
to StackExchange, but unfortunately it didn't get many answers. It is
mentioned, that "our" site is not compatible with StackExchange and that
some people are not happy with how things are handled over at StackExchange
(e.g. user control).

I'm still curious why we actually created our own Q&A site and/or why we
don't move our site over to StackExchange.
I see the following benefits in case of migrating:
* less(no) maintenance work
* ROS gets more visible (and thereby attracting more users)
* convenient for people already using other StackExchange sites, such as
StackOverflow

If this has already been discussed in the past, please point me to the
respective information (and/or write a corresponding answer on ROS
answers). Thank you!

Cheers,
Marcus

--