[ros-users] Patch for dynamic_reconfigure server on python: allowing multiple servers on the same node

Pablo Iñigo Blasco pabloinigo at atc.us.es
Thu Aug 16 12:17:06 UTC 2012

Hi!
Here I provide a patch that could be useful for some dynamic_reconfigure
users.
As it was discused on:
http://answers.ros.org/question/12158/multiple-dynamic_reconfigure-servers-in-the-same-node/?answer=30722#post-id-30722

It is interesting in many cases to have multiple configure servers on the
same node. Currently this is not possible with python (while it is possible
on C++).
Here I attach a patch to make this possible on python. The way is simple,
locate each configuration server on different local namespaces
"~/"+server_name_prefix

Regards.
--
Pablo Iñigo Blasco.
Computer Architecture Department. University of Seville (Spain)