[ros-users] Patch for dynamic_reconfigure server on python: allowing multiple servers on the same node

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Thu Aug 16 17:34:31 UTC 2012

Hi Pablo,

That sounds like a useful patch.  Please open an enhancement ticket for it.
 You can find links for creating a ticket on it's wiki page:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/dynamic_reconfigure

Tickets are much better than emails for patches and bugs because they will
be tracked over time and not accidentally get lots in inboxes.

Tully

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Pablo Iñigo Blasco <pabloinigo at atc.us.es>wrote:

> Hi!
> Here I provide a patch that could be useful for some dynamic_reconfigure
> users.
> As it was discused on:
> http://answers.ros.org/question/12158/multiple-dynamic_reconfigure-servers-in-the-same-node/?answer=30722#post-id-30722
>
> It is interesting in many cases to have multiple configure servers on the
> same node. Currently this is not possible with python (while it is possible
> on C++).
> Here I attach a patch to make this possible on python. The way is simple,
> locate each configuration server on different local namespaces
> "~/"+server_name_prefix
>
> Regards.
> --
> Pablo Iñigo Blasco.
> Computer Architecture Department. University of Seville (Spain)
> http://es.linkedin.com/in/pibgeus |
> http://geus.wordpress.com/category/robotics/ <http://geus.wordpress.com/>

Tully Foote
tfoote at willowgarage.com