[ros-users] Robotiq Adaptive Grippers now on ROS

Nicolas Lauzier nicolas at robotiq.com
Mon Aug 20 12:14:43 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce that a ROS stack for the control of our Adaptive
Robot Grippers <http://robotiq.com/en/products/adaptive-robot-grippers/> is
now available. The stack is released as part of
ROS-Industrial<http://rosindustrial.org/>,
hosted on the SWRI repository.

The Robotiq stack <http://ros.org/wiki/robotiq> provides drivers for
accessing the control variables of our Grippers (TCP/IP protocol only for
the moment), allowing ROS users to program high-level commands without
having to handle low-level message creations and communication aspects. The
objective of the stack is to reduce the integration time and help our
research partners build innovative demos (such as this
one<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WG-45cZSUQ>
).

For more information on the Robotiq stack, you can take a look at our blog
article<http://blog.robotiq.com/bid/58716/Robotiq-s-Adaptive-Robot-Gripper-Now-on-ROS-Industrial>
announcing
the release and our
website<http://robotiq.com/en/applications/advanced-robot-gripper.php>
section
presenting the research applications for our Adaptive Grippers.

Please let me know if you have any question!

Enjoy!

--
Nicolas Lauzier, PhD, jr. eng./ PhD, ing. jr
tel:1-418-380-2788 ext.206

nicolas at robotiq.com
robotiq.com
blog.robotiq.com