[ros-users] Release: OctoMap 1.5

Armin Hornung HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Aug 27 15:14:08 UTC 2012

I'm pleased to announce the release of OctoMap 1.5 (see
http://octomap.sf.net/ and http://www.ros.org/wiki/octomap). Along with
our 3D visualization tool "octovis", the octomap distribution now also
includes "dynamicEDT3D", a library for dynamically updatable 3D distance
maps by C. Sprunk, B. Lau, and W. Burgard.

The main change in OctoMap 1.5 is a better polished API: deep-copy
constructor on trees, == operators, key / coordinate conversion
functions, delete functionality on nodes. octovis can now perform basic
editing operations on octrees e.g. to clean up 3D map files. The API is
backwards-compatible, old functions got deprecated and only deprecated
parts of 1.4 and before are now deleted.

Detailed changelog:
http://octomap.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octomap/trunk/octomap/CHANGELOG.txt

Download OctoMap (stand-alone library and visualization):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/octomap/files/octomap-1.5.0.tar.gz/download

Ubuntu binary packages will be part of the ROS groovy release. Already
now, you can download the source and compile your ROS packages against
it with the standard CMake "find_package" functionality.

--
Armin Hornung
Humanoid Robots Lab, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg